Monday, November 2, 2009

What's on tap?

I've been spending a lot of time browsing ravelry recently, looking for new knitting projects. I spend a lot of my knitting time making longies for E, but I'm getting bored with them and want to try some new projects.

I started on this fairy from Knitty for E for Christmas. I have the body done, but I have to figure out how I want the hair. I think I want strands of hair rather than knitted hair. I'm just not sure exactly how one does that.

I'm also working on my first pair of socks! I picked an easy beginner pattern to start, the Super Simple Sock Pattern. I can't wait to have cozy knitted feet.

I found this Stripey Toddler Cardigan pattern for E, and this sweater pattern from drops for my husband. Now I need to find something suitable for myself!

As far as sewing, I'm working on some jumpers for E using McCall's M5416. I'm not sure I like the pattern yet or not, it has a lot of fabric. It should end up being pretty twirly. The current one is a super cute owl corduroy I got at JoAnn's. I'm also going to try a couple of other patterns - one has a couple of pleats in the front, and another has a tunic-style neckline and a tie back, but they're all pretty much the same, little A-line jumpers to wear over tshirts and jeans in the winter and by themselves as sundresses in the summer.

Other items on my to-sew list are pajamas for E, a skirt for myself (once I get brave enough to try zippers again), and the next round of felt foods. It's the breakfast round, and I think I'll be doing poptarts and maybe hardboiled eggs.

When I get some time, I'll be putting in a running list on my sidebar to help me remember what I'm working on, and so everyone else can see what I'm working on as well.

Now . . . . back to those socks!

No comments: