Monday, November 30, 2009

Tot School: Nov. 16-20

Tot School
E is 22 months

Ahh, finally another Tot School post. We were traveling all week last week, and didn't do much in the way of anything. So these activities are what we did the week before Thanksgiving.

Field Trip:
We started the week off with a field trip to a local children's museum. E had an absolute blast. She was mad when we had to leave!

We read dinosaur stories in a dinosaur cave,
Dressed up like pirates,
Tap danced to some music,
Milked a "cow,"
And colored on a chalk wheel. Just to name a few!

Tot Trays/Learning Toys:
Later in the week we worked with our tot trays.

E always loves it when the pasta comes out. She worked with the smaller pasta this week.
I finally got one of these shape sorters with the rods. E thought it was pretty cool. I gave her one shape to start, and then mixed up two different shapes for her to sort out. We worked on colors, shapes, and big and small. These toys are great!
I pulled the stacking cups out of the bath again for E to work with, she's getting much better figuring out which one goes where.
E made a sticker picture with Sesame Street characters at the beach. I guess it was wishful thinking with the snow we got that week.
She also worked with her cookie jar shape sorter. This one frustrates her from time to time. I think it's harder because the shapes are on the side instead of on top like some of her other shape sorters.
Opening lids. This was a new activity for E and she got very frustrated when I wouldn't help her. I showed her how and gave it back. Eventually, she figured it out. She was especially frustrated when she couldn't get the Cheerios out!

Open Ended Art:

The theme for the week was corn. I didn't have any corn, so we did bubble wrap painting and I cut it out to look like corn. You can see my post about it here.

Photo of the Week:
"shopping" for toys

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I LOVE the bubble-wrap corn...what a wonderful idea! They look great!