Friday, November 20, 2009

Open-Ended Art: Corn

This week, we did a semi-open-ended art project. The theme was corn, and I didn't really have much on hand to work with. I also didn't feel like running out to the store for supplies, so we worked with what we had.

I have been waiting to pull out my bubble wrap and try using that for painting. I saw on Pink and Green Mama's blog that they did bubble wrap Indian corn, and I thought that would be perfect for this week!

First, we did a dry run of what I wanted E to do, without the paint.
Then we used red, yellow, and mixed up some orange paint for our bubble wrap. She painted the bubbly side, and then we pressed it down on the paper.
E still wasn't done painting, so she painted another picture while we waited for the bubble wrap print to dry.
Once it was dry, I cut it out in corn shapes, and E helped me glue some "husks" onto the corn.

This was a fun project, and I'll definitely be using bubble wrap again. In fact, I washed it off and saved it for next time!

2 comments:

Mary said...

This is so cute.

I love it!

Gidget Girl Reading said...

very cool and pretty! :)