Thursday, November 12, 2009

Letter T is for Turkeys!

We hosted our stories and crafts playgroup today and the project was a turkey for letter T. I saw this project around somewhere, I'm sure it's been done a million times, but it's sooooo cute!

First, I traced E's foot on a piece of brown paper - this will be the turkey's body.Then, I traced E's hand on another sheet of construction paper. I stacked up several colors and cut them all out - these will be the feathers.E colored her foot while I cut out the hands. Then she colored her hands while I cut out the foot. I love her look of concentration - she wanted to only color the fingers on some of them, and only red.I put down some glue on the turkey's back and E helped me glue on the hands.Then we turned him over and glued on a beak and wattle and of course, google eyes.

We read Twas The Night Before Thanksgiving by Dav Pilkey, and enjoyed some letter T snacks, like cheese toast triangles, tater tots, turkey and tomato crackers, and chai tea for the moms. The kiddos played so well together, we had a great time!

No comments: