We have so much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving! Thankful for food, a nice home, a good job, and the money to buy the things we need. Thankful for E and that she will have surgery soon so she can stop so many medicines. Thankful for family and friends that live close by and are always willing to lend a hand.
I let E watch a little of the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade. I thought she might enjoy the floats. Nope. She had much more fun trying to watch football and seeing the dogs in the Westminster Dog Show. I think she thought they were really big cats! She got so excited!
For E's first Thanksgiving, her Grandma and Grandpa wanted to give her the turkey leg and see what she would do with it. She just gave them a look, like "why did you put this huge thing on my try and what the heck do you want me to do with it?" She picked at it a little, but had much more fun with her cheerios.
Aunt M made these really neat turkey cookies for our plates this year. Then she got "mad" when everyone decapitated them! They were so tasty and cute!!
How to make the turkey cookies (from Aunt M):
For each cookie you will need:
2 double stuff oreos
1 mini reeses peanut butter cup
5 slivered almonds
white, red and yellow icing.
1. Set one oreo down flat and attach the whopper and p.b. cup for the head and body using chocolate frosting.
2. Turn the turkey body oreo on its end and attach the other oreo right below the p.b. cup using chocolate frosting.
3. stick slivered almonds in the turkey body oreo for feathers.
4. decorate with red and yellow icing, do a beak, feet, and color the feathers. Add eyes too - she did them with plain white icing.
5. leave turkeys to set up while lying on their backs, feet together.
Enjoy!! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. There is so much to be thankful for!!