Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Yarn Along

~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading? Take a single photo and share it ~
Ginny from small things


I haven't actually started knitting on my sock yet this week, but I did pull it out of the bag of UFOs that I have lying around.  Hopefully, this will be a pair of socks for me!  I started them a year or so ago, got scared when the pattern talked about picking up stitches, and set them aside. 


I have since knitted several pairs of socks and overcome this fear!  Yay!  So I am ready to complete this poor pair that's been sitting neglected for so long.

The yarn is Crystal Palace "Maisy" - made from corn fiber and nylon.  I thought that was pretty fun, and I figured that would make a sock to wear in the spring when you don't really need heavy wool socks.  At the rate I am going with these, I'll finish them by next spring!

I'm working my way through Pillars of the Earth for a second time.  I love this book!  It's my book club's book for this month, so I thought I had better refresh my brain a little bit.  It is getting all muddled up between Pillars and World Without End (which, if you didn't know is set in the same town, but a century or so later!).  I'm also watching the miniseries on Netflix, it's not too bad!

4 comments:

Kathryn said...

I love the yarn your using and wish I could find a good book club, I love hearing other people thoughts on the same thing I've read!

Musical Mama said...

My book club is part of the mommy's group I'm in. We decided we wanted to start reading "big people books" again.

Anonymous said...

Maybe I'll look it up on Netflix, I can usually handle knitting and watching something but my knitting and reading are separate right now - not that good yet!!!

The Changling said...

Corn fiber? That's interesting. I've never seen that before.