Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Yarn Along

I'm joining up again with Ginny at small things



Working on a small project to keep my hands busy when I am watching the little one play.  The begining of a pair of mittens for her, she desperately needs new ones!  And now that we finally have a little snow, it will be nice to have some warm wool mittens to keep those little fingers warm.  They will match the hat I knitted for her last year - it still fits and should for quite a while with the rate E grows!

Not really reading anything right now.  Between Christmas and birthday I've been at my sewing machine constantly.  I do a lot of knitted gifts, but sewn ones are much faster, and when you have a little girl who insists upon wearing skirts and dresses every day, you have to be able to whip up a few quickly.  I am, however, perusing several books: Basic Montessori by David Gettman, to refresh my braing as we get back into the swing of things, The Essential Montessori by Elizabeth Hainstock, and Mothering Like the Father by Dianne Daniels.  Mrs. Daniels came and spoke to my MOPS group not too long ago, I found her speaking to be pretty inspiring.

7 comments:

Jarka said...

oooo :) that pink is so cute...love the combination of the colors :) I've started one mitten myself....who knows if it will be finished in time for next winter? :D - I'm a slow knitter :D

Erin said...

I love the colourway! I made four pairs of mittens this winter and don't know if I will ever knit them again... I am not a mitten lover, if truth be told!

Adele said...

I've been at the sewing machine too, so I know the feeling! We have some little ones around here that would love love love pink mittens.

Rosina {Rosy ~ Posy} said...

the little pink mittens are going to be so cute :) I do a lot of sewing during the winter to for Christmas gifts. I agree it is so much quicker to sew rather than knit or crochet. This year I'm going to try and start my knitting earlier like maybe summer time so it will be ready in time *grin*. Happy new year!

nocton4 said...

great yarn colour, so cute xx

Anonymous said...

I've never tried mittens yet though I am thinking of fingerless mitts for my Mom...

Musical Mama said...

I have made many many pairs of fingerless mitts too. I love them, but I've never knit any for myself!