Sunday, October 4, 2009

Freezer Cooking

This was my weekend to cook. I use the 30 Day Gourmet cookbook and website, and cook only once a month. This month, my friend, Sara, decided to cook with me! We had a blast and got all our meals made for October.

We started out with this:

And ended up with this!

On the menu this month is:
Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches
Cube Steak Bake
Pork Chops and Apple Gravy
Chicken Cordon Bleu Pockets
Chicken Noodle Casserole
Chicken and Beef Fajitas
Parmesan Crusted Tilapia
Dijon Chicken Breasts
Polynesian Turkey Burgers
We each made 3 meals of each one of these recipes. We both have only 3 people (2 adults and 1 toddler) in our families, so we cut most of the recipes in half.

Then, because I like to have some snacks and breakfasts on hand, I also made
Peanut Butter Muffins
Quiche Muffins
Cincinnati Chili (because Sara's family doesn't like chili)

It took us pretty much all day but it's so rewarding to see that pile of food ready for the freezer. All the recipes I got for free at the 30 Day Gourmet website. They're from the newsletter recipes section. I check the book out from the library frequently, though. One of these days I'll have to buy it.

Thanks for cooking with me, Sara!!

No comments: