Wednesday, October 6, 2010

We Play: Pumpkin Spice Playdough


I finally got to making up a new batch of playdough for E last week.  We had been using the crumbs leftover from E's birthday party, um, 10 months ago.  Pathetic?  Yes.  And it was just the storebought stuff.  I made up a batch using my favorite playdough recipe, colored it orange, and added a little pumpkin pie spice.  Mmmmmm!  This stuff smells amazing!  I set out the playdough in a plastic container, along with a couple of pumpkin cookie cutters.  The first day I put it out, E played with it for an hour straight!  Ahhh, the peace of a child playing contentedly!  :)


6 comments:

Caz said...

Mmmm, wish I could smell that from here, sounds lovely :-) Will have to see if I can find some of that spice at our supermarket for our next batch of playdough!

Anonymous said...

I really, really have to make some scented playdough, instead of just reading about it all the time! LOL

Anonymous said...

Oh yum. I love pumpkin pie spices ::drool::

Kelly said...

I'll have to try that recipe. I'm terrible at making playdough for some reason????

Christie - Childhood 101 said...

I have never tried pumpkin pie spice, I wonder if I would find it on this side of the world? We love making playdough. In fact last night we should have been starting to cook dinner but decided to cook a nice deep purple batch of playdough first!

Musical Mama said...

Pumpkin pie spice is just a mixture of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and allspice. All the stuff you would put into your holiday pumpkin pie! :) Hope that helps!