Monday, November 17, 2008

Holiday Crafting

Being that it is two weeks away from Thanksgiving, I am in full Holiday Crafting Mode! This year I decided to handmake most of the gifts for family and friends. Dont' worry, the only gift spoiler are for E, and she can't read!

Most of the things I decided to make this year are pretty easy, seeing as E is 10 months old right now and I don't have a whole lot of spare time. Although she is very happy right now to roll around on the floor while I am typing this morning. Hmmmm . . . maybe I should whip out the sewing machine! The trouble is that E's birthday is about 10 days after Christmas - I have no idea what to do about that. It doesn't really matter this year, she will only be 1 and not know any better. So I have a whole list of things I am making her, but some are for her birthday and some are for Christmas. I am making cloth blocks, a couple of dresses, a birthday tutu and onesie set, some new blankies (tie-dyed), beanbags, a knit hat, and a poncho/onsie/hat set. Most of this is finished but I still have a lot to do . . . not to mention gifts for other family members and friends! But I think handmade gifts are just so much more meaningful than the store-bought kind. Not that I won't be doing some of those, too! I have my eye on some Fisher-Price Little People sets for E!

My crafts-to-make list is growing exponentially!! Every time I make something cool for someone I want one too! I just don't have time right now to make it for myself. I'm hoping I can start on all of that after Christmas. A really neat new project I am making for a craft swap is a "scoodie." I got the tutorial from vegbee's Just Tutes blog. I am so excited to make it for my swap buddy - and one for myself as well. For those of you who don't know what a scoodie is, it is a scarf with a hood attached for extra yummy warmth! Anyone who knows me knows I am constantly cold during the winter. I am looking forward to having one of these!

Well, that's it for my first post!! Yay! Sometime soon, I will post pictures of some of my crafts for people I know won't visit here. Hope you enjoy reading as much as I enjoy writing!!

No comments: